The Intelligent Mail® barcode from the U.S. Postal Service® greatly expands your ability to track individual mail pieces through the entire U.S. Postal Service system.
Intelligent Mail services let you better manage resources, adapt to market conditions, reduce operating and marketing expenses, and be more responsive to customers. Here’s how:
- Lets you uniquely identify up to 1 billion pieces per mailing.
- Provides more accurate and detailed information on each mailing, which in turn helps you make better decisions about future campaigns.
- Offers more exterior “real estate” on the mailer by eliminating the need for multiple barcodes.
- Lets you take advantage of multiple U.S. Postal Service services with just one barcode
- Gives you greater overall data capacity than other barcode options.
3 Intelligent Mail products that track direct mail
Intelligent Mail products help track important market intelligence. These products include:
- Confirm® Service. Real-time tracking information that helps you determine when mail will arrive and alerts you when your customers receive their orders. In addition, Origin Confirm service for mail coming to you gives you anticipated and actual arrival time of checks, returned products or orders.
- OneCode Services.™ These give you the power to combine tracking, mail sorting, address changes and postage payment with one barcode. For example, OneCode barcodes can instruct the system to automatically retrieve and update incorrect addresses in your system. You also can use this option to request special services such as Certified Mail,™ Registered Mail™ and address correction.
- Address Quality. Address Management provides value-added product and service offerings that help you better manage the quality of your mailing lists while maximizing the U.S. Postal Service’s ability to efficiently deliver mail as addressed.
Talk to your local postmaster or lettershop about how to take advantage of the information generated and additional services offered by Intelligent Mail barcodes on your mailings.Direct Marketing 101, Small Business